When I think about my rape, it was slow, sloppy and non violent, yet it still haunts me. So when people like Gary Yourovsky make statements and speeches saying women should be raped viciously and men should be anally raped until they're disembowelled.
While I agree it takes a certain kind of person to wear fur, I would never wish a violent rape on someone. I can't imagine what it would have been like for me had my rape been violent in it's manor. I imagine my soft crying during my rape would be screaming and fearing for my life tears instead. If my rape was violent instead I imagine I wouldn't have recovered from agoraphobia.
I imagine that if Gary had his way, the women he wished rape upon would be too scared to leave their houses, they might even kill themselves. One thing would be certain: they would resent veganism.
So when non vegans see things Gary says, surely rape threats won't have the desired affect? Surely this is what non vegans mean by militant vegan. By pushy vegan. By scary vegan. And I agree.
So I bring forward another question: why do we hate durianrider? Here's the answer: because of the problematic things he says. Durian (or Harley) is mostly known by his recent word bashing toward a domestic violence victim saying she deserved it because she didn't leave. He's also known with his girlfriend Freelee for fatshaming.
Both Gary and Durianrider make new vegans everyday. They both do good for the vegan community. Gary supporters are probably fuming hearing this, but it's the truth. So why support one but not the other?
As a rape survivor, I'm telling you that no one has the right to command, influence, wish rape on anyone. If you despise durianrider or freelee, but idolise Gary Yourofsky, how are you justifying it? Because I believe that supporting a man who supports rape, is feeding rape culture.
We hate these people because of the words they say, so for the sake of anyone who's been raped, however the level of brutality, stand up for survivors, stand up for those who haven't survived rape, demand apology and refuse support to Gary Yourofsky. I'll leave you with one more question, if he wasn't so powerful in the vegan community, would you still allow it?
Why Gary Yourovsky is the new DurianRider
Reviewed by Unknown
on
June 19, 2016
Rating:
Reviewed by Unknown
on
June 19, 2016
Rating:



No comments: